Most Used Kitchen Items
Recently, I have spent a lot of time in my kitchen. Quarantine has me cooking even more than usual. I personally love my kitchen because cooking keeps me grounded and is a source of stress relief for me!
I am a creature of habit when it comes my kitchen tools. Opening drawers effortlessly without looking, grabbing an essential that is always in the same place brings me satisfaction. Some of these items I have had for many years and use them on a daily basis. They always seem to be the ones that are taken out of the dishwasher the second they are clean! I have narrowed my massive list of favorites down to eight "must haves" for any kitchen.
All items are linked at the end of this post.
1. William Sonoma Gold Touch Sheet Pan- perfect for roasting vegetables, salmon, and pizza. This pan is so easy to wash and lasts forever!
2. Cravings by Chrissy Teigen 5 Qt Non-Stick Pan- The shape of this pan is ideal, it works well when making any sort of one pot meal (fried rice, stir fry) or for browning meat. It gets hot!
3. West Elm Spoon Rest- love the simplicity and function of this!
4. OXO Large Silicone Turner- I use this most often with #1 above when taking anything out of the oven. Also great for pancakes. It is the perfect size not too big not too small. Plus, it's non-stick!
5. Chef's Planet Clip & Drain- I got this several years ago as a gift. What an amazing invention!! It is SO easy to use and clean. I like the fact that you don't have to have your sink cleared out to accommodate it.
6. Rosti Retro Melamine Mixing Bowls With Lids- Everyone needs a good set of mixing bowls. My husband gave me these as a gift, what a great find! I love the mint color in our kitchen. They are extremely useful when mixing up banana bread, tuna salad, and any dip. The lids are excellent for storing the bowls in the fridge.
7. Silpat- Anytime I make cookies or baked goods they go on this mat. Simply place on a sheet pan and no sticking! Also a gift many years ago, are you noticing a theme here? I just really like kitchen items! My silpat still looks brand new after hundreds of uses.
8. Latte bowls- Always a classic! From morning to night these are my favorite bowls for oatmeal, soup, or pasta. We also have them in two other sizes (linked below), they are probably our most used item overall. The varied colors bring a nice pop to the kitchen!
Hi I'm Kelsey.
I help busy women embrace cooking at home with my fuss-free family recipes!