Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Have you tried baked oatmeal? It's easy trust me.
Each week I enjoy making something special for my family. A sweet bite they can enjoy during the week when things get busy. This is typically some sort of banana bread, energy bite, muffin or any other fun recipe I find on Pinterest. I always keep it simple because I'm NOT a baker. Now you know, any baked good I post will be on the easier side. :)
Lately, I've been adding baked oatmeal into the mix. Baked oatmeal is an easy thing to prep & serve for breakfast throughout the week. I like to bake it the night before & store in the fridge. In the morning, slices can be reheated quickly or taken on-the-go. Toppings like honey, apple butter, nut butter or maple syrup make it extra tasty! The base of the baked oatmeal makes it easy to switch out the flavors based on the ingredients you have on hand. This version adds a few (shelf-stable) apple ingredients that give it a cozy fall vibe.
A few tips for making this recipe:
- Purchase "baked apple chips" that have no sugar added: the dried chips soften in the oven & prevent the oatmeal from becoming soggy.
- Use unsweetened applesauce: the sweetness from the maple syrup & apple chips really do the trick!
- The vanilla protein powder adds a nice subtle flavor (& obviously added protein!). If you prefer to leave out the protein powder add two extra tablespoons of gluten free oats.
- Store in the fridge. Eat within 4-5 days!
- Serve with some nut butter & maple syrup for an extra tasty morning treat!
Your house is going to smell like you baked a lovely apple pie. Yet you only spent 15 minutes mixing up this yummy baked oatmeal. I'd call that a win!
Click the link below to download the recipe!
Instagram Reel showing this recipe: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Other recipes you might like:
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to leave a comment below!
Thanks for stopping in please visit @simpledelishhealthy for more recipe inspiration.
Hi I'm Kelsey.
I help busy women embrace cooking at home with my fuss-free family recipes!